Why Succulents? ... Health Benefits, Perfect Gifts...
Succulent plants have a unique adaptation that enables them to tolerate limited watering better than most houseplants. Their thick, fleshy leaves and stems, as well as their enlarged roots, allow them to retain water so that they do not need watering as frequently as other plants.
Succulents are Easy To Maintain
They are popular since they started to have a spot in almost everyone's home. Even those who do not have time to take care of plants welcomed these plants in their houses. These plants require minimal care and can endure neglect
Health Benefits (for reference only)
- Purify the Air - Succulents, like snake plant and aloe vera, are excellent at cleansing the air and removing toxins. NASA's research found that they are able of removing 87 percent of volatile organic compounds (VOC). These plants are extra helpful in library, study environment, office because VOC substances like benzene and formaldehyde are found in rugs/carpets, grocery bags, book and ink.
- Help You Breath - During the process of photosynthesis, plants release oxygen, however, at night most plants respire like humans, releasing carbon dioxide. Succulents, and a few other plants like orchids and areca palms, keep producing oxygen all through the night. Keep these plants in the bedroom for an extra boost of refreshed air during your sleep that ultimately leads to a better night's sleep.
- Help You Focus - A number of studies of both students and workers have found that concentration, attentiveness and brain capabilities improve when studying or working with plants in the room. A University of Michigan study found that memory retention improved by as much as 20 percent when plants were present. Small plants like succulents are especially beneficial at work, as they don’t take up a lot of space on your desk.
- They Aid in Quicker Recovery - Succulents can contribute to reducing flu-like symptoms, headaches, fever and coughs. According to researchers at Kansas State University, hospital patients with plants in their rooms required less pain medication, had lower blood pressure and heart rate and experienced less fatigue and anxiety.
- Described as juicy, rich in desirable qualities, affording mental nourishment.